In preparation for your hearing assessment it is important you consider the following:
- Ensure your ear canals are clear of wax and in some cases, hair.
- Restrict the amount of noise you are exposed to for at least 4 hours prior to your appointment.
- Reschedule if you are showing signs of head cold and flu.
- Try to be available for an AM assessment rather than PM.
- Be rested – get a good night’s sleep before you are assessed.
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Questionnaire if available and email it to the clinic or take it with you to your appointment.
- If possible, bring your significant other with you for the assessment and discussion.